Recovery Training InstituteENROLLMENT
How to Enroll in RTI
Due to COVID-19 safety considerations, the Recovery Training Institute is currently offering VIRTUAL trainings for those who are interested in becoming a Certified Peer Recovery Mentor (e.g., certified peer specialist, peer support specialist, recovery coach). Please review our eligibility, application, and technology requirements outlined below.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Provide verification of highest education credentials (high school diploma/GED at minimum)
- Be a person in recovery from alcohol/substance use and have at least 2 years of continued, successful recovery
- Obtain Central Registry clearance from the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS)
- Comply with training requirements outlined by RTI to become a Certified Peer Recovery Mentor
(Click here to view MCBAP’s requirements for the CPRM credential.)
The required application materials are:
- RTI Enrollment Application Form (submitted online, click here to access the form)
- MDHHS Central Registry clearance
- MDHHS clearance form should be filled out and taken or faxed (along with a copy of your driver’s license or state ID) to an MDHHS county office. MDHHS will send results directly to DRP.
- Proof of your highest level of education (certificate, transcripts, or copy of diploma/degree).
- A letter of reference regarding your involvement in the recovery community (from a person within the recovery community)
- A statement of personal interest (250 words minimum).
You will need to return the completed forms to DRP by mail (1145 W. Grand Blvd.), fax (313-894-2126), or email (email@example.com). You are also welcome to drop off the completed forms in person if it’s convenient for you.
- Most trainings are conducted via Zoom. Click here to review Zoom technology requirements.
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet, iPad, or smart phone with internet access and a web cam with a microphone and audio capability